Eyebrow transplantation is an aesthetic procedure applied to increase or correct the eyebrow volume of people with sparse or insufficient eyebrows. This process is usually performed using the FUE method. The sequence of operations usually consists of these steps:
1. Pre-Operational Evaluation:
Before the eyebrow transplantation procedure, the surgeon makes a design according to the structure of the patient’s eyebrow area and personal preferences. The density, height, length and shape of the eyebrows are determined and this plan is discussed with the patient.
2. Preparation of the Donor Site:
The donor area where the grafts will be taken for eyebrow transplantation is mostly the nape region. Local anesthesia is applied to the donor area to collect the agreed number of follicles. Then, a special local anesthetic is injected for a short time into the area where the grafts will be taken.
3. Collection and Preparation of Grafts:
Using the FUE method, the hair follicles in the donor area are taken one by one and then prepared one by one. Grafts, each consisting of several hair follicles, are prepared before being transplanted into the eyebrow area.
4. Transplantation of Grafts:
The prepared grafts are placed in areas where the eyebrows are sparse or not completely. Eyebrows are placed one by one and angled carefully to make them look natural.
5. Healing Process:
After eyebrow transplantation, red spots and crusting can be seen in the eyebrow area. However, the overall healing process is uneventful and the eyebrows will heal completely in about 2-3 weeks.
As a result, eyebrow transplantation is performed in a similar way to hair transplantation and its results can provide a long-lasting and natural-looking eyebrow arrangement. However, a detailed evaluation should be made before the procedure, taking into account the person’s skin type, eyebrow structure and personal preferences.
Although eyebrow transplantation is generally preferred by women, it can be said that men have also frequently had eyebrow transplantation in recent years.
Things to consider after hair transplantation are:
- Observe the healing process well: The first few days after hair transplantation are important. Keeping a close eye on the healing process helps prevent infection or other problems from occurring.
- Resting: It is important to rest after hair transplantation. It is best to avoid working or doing any heavy activity and to ensure adequate rest until you fully recover.
- Scalp hygiene: Scalp hygiene is important for the prevention of infections. Particular attention should be paid to scalp hygiene.
- Skin care: The scalp may be a little sensitive and the skin may be more dry than usual after the procedure. It is recommended to use a moisturizer and drink plenty of water on a daily basis.
- Hair washing: After hair transplantation, hair washing should be avoided within a few days. (?!) The most appropriate hair washing time and frequency depends on your surgeon.
- Protection from sun rays: Sun rays can slow down the healing of the hair transplant area. For a few weeks after the procedure, it is best to avoid exposure to the sun’s rays.
- Avoiding smoking: Smoking can slow down the recovery after hair transplantation. Avoiding smoking is beneficial to speed up the healing process.
- Medication use: Special attention should be paid to the medications taken after the operation, and your doctor’s recommendations should be followed.
As a result, it is very important for patients to approach the healing process carefully after hair transplantation. By consulting us, you can ask all your questions about the healing process and get the necessary advice.